Monday, June 30, 2008

A New Love

It's still funny to me that I can have days where I really think I love Jeff more than I did the day before. When I stop and think about it, it's not really "more," I'm just feeling it all over again, or deeper or somewhere, somehow different.
It's true too, that when you love someone, you learn about yourself, even to love yourself differently.
But this last weekend, I fell in love with US. Well, probably not fell, because I'm pretty sure I was already there, but again, just that awareness. I just realized how great it is to get up on a Saturday and do whatever we want. And that we want, usually, to do the same stuff. And it's just us, in our own world. I like who we are together.
I thought that it will be different when we have kids but then I got excited because they too will be an extension of US. They'll be involved in the things we like to do and be there when we wake up on Saturday morning and it will just be more of US, not less.

3 comments:

mudderbear said...

WOW...HOW ROMANTICAL! So nice to know you are happy. And not to burst your bubble, but it will likely be your kids that wake you up on Saturday mornings...haha.

Benjamin said...

It is fun, isn't it? I don't know if a day goes by that I don't feel equally privileged to have the family I have. Here's to happiness!

JoAnna said...

Aaah, good to see you both! As for kids waking us up Saturday morning, I already have Jeff and the dog... I never wake up when I want to! Oh well...