Friday, November 28, 2008

My Thanksgiving

I had a nice day yesterday. I think it really helps the sicky stuff when I don't have to wake up to the alarm clock, get the dog outside, and be somewhere by a certain time with stress and work and deadlines waiting for me. Wednesday I had been pretty yucky all day so I was excited to wake up Thursday feeling normal hunger pains and no sick-ies.

I guess my Thanksgiving holiday started Wednesday. A couple weeks ago, when I took the garbage out, there was a cute little corner computer desk sitting by the dumpsters. I got Jeff and we went out and brought it home. It had been sitting in the middle of our living room for two weeks and we were about deciding we didn't really want it. But when I got home Wednesday, Jeff had rearranged the whole living room. This means that I now have our kitchen table back (that's where the computer has been). We also brought the t.v. out of Jeff's game room so we can have people over to watch movies etc more comfortably AND with the little room somewhat emptied, we can have a place for the baby! I'm so excited to set up a nursery now, I can't see straight. My only hesitation is, can we keep affording our rent?!?!

We also went to my mom's house Wednesday night. I like to help my mom make stuff for the holidays. I miss not being home and fretting with and helping her. Jeff went with me and he and Khrystine talk a lot, which is fun for me. Sometimes they both like to argue (not so fun for me) but they seem to click. And they and Dad watched the movie Hancock. It was fun to just be there for a while.

Yesterday, as I said, I woke up feeling good. About 1, we went over to Stephen and Heather's to say hi to everyone. I actually got to see ALL the family (except of course for Ben and Mel in Florida) so that was fun. Jeff hasn't been around Stephen's new group much. The twins took an instant liking to his tall bigness and soon he was flipping them over his shoulder and lifting them up high enough to bump their heads on the ceiling. This of course was completely delilghtful for me. It was fun to see Gina and baby Hunter and think that this time next year, we'll have a baby the same size as Hunter is now. WOW! That kinda blew us both away. Unfortunately, I didn't get to talk as much to Karen as I'd hoped. She got there just before we left, but at least I got to see her for a minute.

From there, we went to Jeff's grandma's. I'm starting to feel more comfortable and like I know people so that's good. But there is still a bit of feeling new and awkward. There are a lot of new people and step kids and someone's in laws etc. So it's hard to keep track of them all, but it was fun. We had some really good food. I just wanted to eat more than I did. Luckily, we got to bring some home with us :)

We went home and the dog had behaved (I was so glad for that!) and watched a movie... hm, I think it was called Meet Dave. It had Eddie Murphy as an alien. Actually, his body is more like the ship that all these little one inch high people are operating. It was pretty cheesy, but fun. Then I went to bed and I'm back at work today with not a whole lot to do. My tummy is a bit sicky, but I think it's just 10 o'clock and I need to eat again (I get hungry everyday at this time).

2 comments:

Heather said...

We were glad to see the both of you, I have some cute pics on my blog of you two. I have some of Jeff tossing the boys around, they love that kind of stuff! Thanks so much for stopping off, even if it wasn't for the food. Next year will be awesome... I can't wait, I'm sure liking everyone else having babies... I don't have any neices or nephews on my side of the family, so pro-create away! I like the whole grandma, auntie thing...you look great by the way... take care of yourself. And you both are welcome over any time, the boys could always use a worthy apponent

Emily A. said...

Oh good. I am so glad you had a good relaxing holiday weekend. Isn't it wonderful to get a break and spend time with family AND have good food! Ahhhh. Wonderful. I am happy for you.

:)