Friday, November 21, 2008

Another post

I guess I should post something new and be done with the sad story. The dog is going much better by the way. It's been a long week and I'm very tired. I think I need a vacation. Someone called the other day and asked for Jeff. I was hoping it was a job and gave him the phone. It was someone offering a free night's stay in Park City. He declined and I was glad because nothing is free and I'm sure they would just try to sell us something once we got there. But, I keep thinking, wouldn't it be nice to go on vacation? Like when I was a kid and Dad took care of everything and I could just relax? Now if we want to go on vacation, we have to figure out how to pay for it and drive there ourselves and... bah, who needs THAT stress???

I'm really looking forward to the holidays this year. I don't know what exactly I'm looking forward to. I think (mommy would be so proud!) the thing I'm most looking forward to is all the pretty, sparkly, colorful lights and decorations. I just want to sit in my living room and look at my little Charlie Brown tree and drink hot chocolate. Maybe THAT would be a vacation!

Speaking of looking forward to things... next week, the day after Thanksgiving, is my next doctor's appointment. I guess I look forward to going because it gives me a chance to know everything is alright and it makes this real. You'd think my heaviness and throwing up would make it real! but you know what I mean. I think, from what I've read and heard, I'll probably be having an ultrasound and finding out the sex next month? That will be a fun Christmas present. I think it's kind of cool that it was my birthday when I was really starting to wonder and look for this to be it. I kind of got to tell my mom I thought I was when she took me out for my birthday. That's fun. At the time, I was concerned that I was ruining the surprise, but now I'm glad she got to share the suspense with me :)

I think this weekend I'm going to make Jeffrey go out with me driving around and looking at apartments to see if we can get any numbers for apartments for rent. I really don't want to move; it sounds so hard right now! But I really think we need to find a less expensive apartment. I don't know how that will go over with the dog or if cheaper apartments even exist!

I'm really looking forward to sleeping this weekend.

No comments: