Tuesday, August 05, 2008

They're raining on me and not in a good way

I'm sitting at work... I just have to get through 10 more minutes... listening to all the people at the end of our area talking about how bad marriage is.
"I'll give you two years, but by year three... " they say to the girl who's not been married for six months yet.
"Five years is the line," says another.
"They say it's seven, but five is where it goes down hill."
Is this really what I have to look forward to?

I've decided in the last few days that Jeff and I should just pack up our stuff and head for Alaska. We can figure it out when we get there. If I had any room on a credit card or any sort of savings, I might just be serious.

3 comments:

Heather said...

I hear you.... but don't give up... things happen out of our control, but all in all marriage is a good thing I've always believed in it even when my parents or even ex-spouse didn't. Its hard... but all good things are.
If you go to Alaska can I come? I want to try fishing there.

mudderbear said...

Those people seem to have no possibility of ever knowing what it's all about. Don't let them bother you. You're the Baroness, you know, not like the rest.

I wish you might do something for that newlywed girl. It's too bad they are filling her head with such junk.

Emily A. said...

Wow. My husband would almost give his life in Alaska...infact, I think he would if he could still live in Alaska afterward...lol...that doesn't make sense but its true.