Thursday, June 03, 2010

On the Move Again

We have been moving again... I say sort of because we are moving from Jeff's grandma's to his mom's. We basically got enough stuff like we were just staying for the weekend and most our stuff is still at his grandma's waiting for a "big move" day... or something. We are staying in the guest room and trying to figure out if we will take over the basement or just stay in the guest room and still take over the basement with toys etc.
It's stressful for me. I have put even more stuff in storage and am really beginning to feel invisible. Rayne's beautiful crib is still at grandma's and she is sleeping in a "pack-n-play." She is nearly on the floor and was again up every two hours last night. Not easy on Mama's back! She does NOT seem to adjust to change well and has always been like that; the smallest change in routine completely throws us off. Also, last Thursday night, Rayne and I were both up all night sick with the flu (I guess). I was so sick on Friday, I couldn't move and it was horrible feeling like I wasn't taking care of her. Luckily, she mostly wanted to sleep too and we could just snuggle on the couch. But then, not feeling THAT much better, I got up and tried to pack us up on Saturday and get us to our new place. Not fun especially when I was still dealing with baby diapers and throw up.

So anyway, I am really positive. Sorry to complain.
Rayne is doing a lot better but still fussy and not real great. On a good note, it's beautiful where we live now (Lake Point). We take long wandering walks and talk to horses and llamas and dogs. Rayne calls everything a dog, but is trying to say the new words. A lot of people have a lot of irises in their yards. These used to be my favorite flower and I am remembering why. They are so graceful and strong but delicate looking. Today we walked up a hill of a road. It felt very country. From the top we could look out over the little city and out to the Great Salt Lake. On the way home I felt rejuvenated enough to run (don't be impressed. I'd run for about two seconds and then have to walk to catch my breath, but...) Rayne laughed a lot at going fast. So, life can't be so bad, right?

3 comments:

mudderbear said...

I can't help wondering if you are reliving pioneer women trekking across the prairies, dealing with sickness and so few supplies. You just have to keep going. I'm glad you are in a place that is so pleasant. Baby should be getting much better soon. I hope you are feeling good.
And I hope to see you soon, but I'm sitting up late because I'm not very sure how my own tummy is feeling at the moment. It seems like everyone is having a turn at this ...whatever it is.

Emily A. said...

Sorry to hear about you being sick. No fun!

Well...someday we will both look back on this time in life and we will be grateful we went through our trials and for the things we learned from the experience. Being poor sucks, but I don't think you or I will ever look back and regret our decision to sacrifice so we can be with our children at home.

Hang in there and keep smiling and loving that little girl. I am glad you have so many family members who are willing to help you out. :D

I'm thinking of you.

The Damsel said...

I am glad you get to experience some country, that will be wonderful for Rayne's imagination.