Friday, February 29, 2008

People Watching

One day I went to Papa Murphy's and as I sat waiting for my pizza, I noticed a girl who had just come in. She was wearing a t-shirt and coat, track shorts, gym shoes and was very pregnant. She had beautiful skin and wore no make-up. I remember her hair being long and straight and shiny, but not styled. When I think about it now though, it may have been braided. She ordered her pizza and her husband (I assume) came in and they sat down.
I thought she was one of the prettiest women I've ever seen. There was something serene about her. She looked comfortable with herself.

Today, as I sat waiting for Jeff (I picked him up from work), I saw a woman walking through the parking lot who then crossed the street in front of me. She wore jeans, boots, and a tan sweater over a tight fitting tank top. The tank was lower cut with a U shaped neck. Her boobs looked like they were presented on a platter and really "put out there." They bounced so much I thought they might fall out over the tank. She had long straight blonde hair. Her face looked a bit older (older than I am, not old) but from a distance she had a young appearance. I think a lot of it was in her attitude. She walked confidently. In spite of her bounciness, I thought she looked pretty darn good.

I sat in Papa Murphy's that day wanting to thank the casual woman for being an example of how to be pretty without being worldly. I sat in the car today, with a dog in my lap, my hair looking pretty but not stylish, wearing very little make-up. I wanted to have that woman help me, give me a make-over. At first I wanted to pop her boobs just because it would be funny to see her flying around like a balloon as the air goes out of it. Later I wanted to hate her because of her worldly, self important appearance.

For all I know, Murphy (new name for girl #1) never goes out of the house looking un-made up but had just come from the gym. And maybe Bouncy has never worn anything like that in her life and had just come from starring in a t.v. make over show.

Today a girl at work who I think is very cute, although I don't know if I even think she's pretty, she just has a great personality so in my head she's cute, was dressed up for a reception she was going to after work. She looked so pretty. Her hair was done soft and femininely; she usually is quite casual and has it in a pony tail. She wore a dress; usually she wears jeans and a sweatshirt, occassionally a pretty top. She really did look nice today and everybody told her so. I thought so, but at the same time, I thought she didn't quite look like her. It was interesting to see how even dressed up, certain style or personality traits were expressed- just looking at the outside. It was also interesting to see that even all dressed up, I kinda think she looks better when she's casual. Simply because it's "her."

2 comments:

The Damsel said...

I think personality is the biggest influence in how good you look. You just need to let it shine!

mudderbear said...

"...pop the boobs and watch her flying around like a balloon letting the air out..." That is REALLY funny.

Anyway, apparantly you are finding some answers by looking around. It would be nice to feel good about yourself and I don't see why you shouldn't....