Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Sometimes I want OUT of this world

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18174245/

I just read an article that the Supreme Court has upheld a law passed by Congress banning partial birth abortions. (Perhaps I should put a warning on here- small children and those with weak stomachs leave the room!). But I have a weak stomach and I can't believe the retardedness of some people (that is not a derogatory comment on the mentally challenged, but meant in the cannot progress definition of something being retarded). Some people, including the justices of the court, actually appose this ban.

“Today’s decision is alarming,” Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg wrote in dissent. She said the ruling “refuses to take ... seriously” previous Supreme Court decisions on abortion.

Do they know what a partial birth abortion is!?!?! It occurs AFTER the 12th week of pregnancy (for the math impaired, that's 3 months).

'The procedure at issue involves partially removing the fetus intact from a woman’s uterus, then crushing or cutting its skull to complete the abortion.'

How can anyone think that that is okay? That that is within the woman's rights? Keep your legs together chick! But the alternative is not much better:

Abortion opponents say the law will not reduce the number of abortions performed because an alternate method — dismembering the fetus in the uterus — is available and, indeed, much more common.

I had a rough morning and this is not something I need to think about right now. Sorry to share it with you all. I just can't stand it. The article said there are 1 million abortions performed each year JUST in the United States. Most occur before these other methods are necessary, so that's good I guess (?-!) but I'm just in shock. I applaud the Court for upholding the ban but cannot believe there are people out there- especially in these posititions- that could find ANY reason to not make this procedure illegal. No wonder people blow up abortion clinics.

1 comment:

mudderbear said...

This is distubing. I should think those people would have nightmares 24/7 and I hope they do. I can't imagine what hell is like if they are going to be there.