Friday, April 27, 2007

Inspiration

After my blogging and conversations with Mumsy and my hubby, I was feeling better the last day or two. I feel determined to not let "the world" bring me down and to assert my own identity.

Last night I happened across an article from 2003 of a talk President Hinckley gave at the Relief Society conference. He addressed the women of the church and went through several "groups" or phases that women find themselves in throughout their life time. I remember listening to that talk when he gave it and I printed it out so I'd have a copy of it; I even wrote myself a note on there so I would remember the experience of what I felt when I heard it.

Now, four years later, what I felt in that talk has come true. I read his kind words, his advice, and was reminded of my testimony that he is a prophet. I was also reminded of what I felt those years ago about who I am and what I'm doing. It was a real boost for my self esteem... but it goes deeper than the things I keep talking about. It helped me feel better not because I had the right appearance, but because it reminded me of my spirit, my soul, and my Father in Heaven.

My husband and I talked recently about the beauty that comes from within and how much better it is than anything on the outside. I felt determined in that conversation to cultivate my inner beauty. Somehow, let that shine through.

The other day I also went back over some old blogs- years ago, the same conversations with myself- but I found something I had written that really inspired me. Isn't that crazy!? I wrote about nature and the peace that comes from it's beauty and compared it to something like Las Vegas. What a difference!

1 comment:

mudderbear said...

You have been blessed.