Saturday, July 31, 2010

Meant to Be

I used to really believe in "meant to be." I thought that by doing the right thing, going to the right party, the right school, the right job, I was putting myself in the right place for whatever was "meant to be" to happen. I thought choosing the right meant there was a right and a wrong to EVERY question and I had to figure out some out-in-the-universe direction for my life.
I was thinking about a lot of things from my past yesterday. What I realized is that when I thought something was meant to be, it relied on someone else's action (ie. choice) to make it happen. So, when I thought I was waiting for divine intervention and order from the universe, I was really just giving my power (of choice etc) to other people. This probably doesn't sound profound to anyone else, but it gave me a lot of insight into my life.

4 comments:

Benjamin said...

For all it's worth, I think this is great.

Melanie said...

I agree that this is a great realization. Now you can make your life what you want because you can take action! Love you!

Emily A. said...

That is a great insight. I wonder if I do the same thing. I gotta think about that for awhile.

mudderbear said...

Hi...I'm borrowing Khrystine's laptop for a minute.
I'm afraid you've learned one of the tough facts of life. But I remember also just waiting forever for the universe to change my world. It never did happen. I think it's kind of a hazard unagressive people have to live with..... or overcome. And there is no reason you shouldn't take control of your own life and do things yourself. It's okay to do that.