Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Your opinion doesn't smell good

A few people in the last while have asked me something about my baby- what we're naming her, what colors we're using etc. Fun stuff to talk about right? Well, these few people, and perhaps I'm just too sensitive, after I tell them the answer, look at me like I'm completely stupid. Is that not incredibly rude?!?!
What's funny is, it's probably the first time that I don't feel stupid at all for my opinion and feel completely sure that the other person is the one with the "wrong opinion." Think whatever you want, but to express it or let it be known, especially when you are talking about something so special as the other person's baby, really does make you the jerk with no manners and what does your opinion matter anyway!?
It would be nice if I could get strong enough in myself to fend off such stupid people.

2 comments:

mudderbear said...

This reminds of when my cousin came over once to see my new baby. When Marie asked "Isn't she cute?"..this 'person' just kind of humphed and bit her lip. I would still like to punch her. If it really bothers you, you might bring some pictures or at least say you will when it's all set up. What the crap do they know? They probably decorated their babies in crickets!!!!!! Creative and brilliant people are very often criticized. Don't let their opinions worry you.

mudderbear said...

P S the baby wasn't you.