Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Happy New Year

By about 7:00p.m. New Year's Eve, Jeff was too tired to stay awake anymore. They have changed his work schedule for a few weeks for the holiday and while they look for a replacement for the shift just before his. This hasn't been an easy change for him. I was okay with him going to sleep and I sat in bed next to him watching a t.v. show on DVD we'd received for Christmas. When that was over and I turned off the DVD player, I happened to be on a PBS station playing an Andrea Boccelli concert. I saw the very end of it, amounting to about a song and a half.

The music is so rich and beautiful, I was truly inspired. I want everything in my life to be so rich and full of beauty and meaning. When that concert ended, I found, on the other PBS channel, a Michael Buble concert. This music is more "fun" and less deep, but still wonderful. I went to bed at 10:30 feeling completely happy.


New Year's day was very restful. I even found time to write in my journal some of the "resolutions" and wishes I've been thinking of lately.

1 comment:

mudderbear said...

I think you should read the next blog you wrote...January 10...with this one and put them together to think about. We need Andrea Boccelli and music that is rich and deep. You helped me to realize that, or remember. When I was younger I listened to a lot of music for hours at a time. I needed it. Sometimes I wondered if someday I might forget to listen and would I notice that. I think that has come to pass, and I didn't notice. I never just play music for hours at a time all by myself to just soak it in. And you have reminded me that I am missing something.

I also remember reading poetry and making a resolve to read poetry every night before I went to bed...like scriptures. But it never happened. I know it would make such a big difference in ;my life. Somehow, like other important/wonderful experiences, it all gets postponed because of some mundane "need". Sad. We need to try very hard to change the world a little by changing ourselves. Even meals are hurry-up, get it done jobs. Hmm, maybe some new year's resolutions are in order. I think so. I resolve to attract Serenity into my life. If I can do that, then I can pass it on. Good, huh?