Monday, November 13, 2006

Millcreek Inn

Saturday my fiance, sister and I went to tour a place that I've been looking at online for our wedding. It's in Millcreek Canyon. I'm happy to say it was quite a pleasant experience and I (we) got quite excited. I was worried that they'd try to sell us a bunch of stuff we don't need and not listen to what it is WE want. But the woman was really nice and I think I'd pick the place just because she seemed amiable to work with, if nothing else. My only concern is, they have a food and beverage minimum price and considering we want to keep our guests to a minimum, there would be a challenge of spending ENOUGH money. Kinda weird and I'm not sure I like that. There's another place just up the road from this one that says they have no overall minimums we are scheduled to look at next Saturday.

The place we went to is called Millcreek Inn. It looks really small and you'd probably miss it if you weren't looking for it. When we first pulled up, we debated if it even looked like the picture on the website. But yes, if you focused just on the front door, you could see it. I think we all were a bit skeptical that we would be impressed. Not that it looked bad, just... quaint.

And quaint it was. It reminded me of a little log cabin, which I found incredibly charming. For the time of year of our wedding, they would set everything up inside. We really want something outside, but with the weather being unpredictable we weren't sure what to do. This place seemed to have the answer. It would be all inside, but there are windows all around. And since it's in the mountains, you feel like you're outside even though you are warm and cozy inside.

The room where the ceremony would take place is small. They'd set the chairs up at an angle and focus us at the fireplace next to the big patio doors and windows (the outside thing). Then they'd set up for a luncheon in a separate room, also with lots of windows. They would have candles everywhere, which I think is really cool. And the woman suggested for our table center pieces, getting pictures of us together or growing up. I thought that was a great idea. I wanted to make a scrap book of that to display. One way or the other, how fun!

Jeff and I are both the type of people that don't like to shop around. We like it, it's what we want, why bother? I was very excited when we left. I do however keep having an incling to go look at the other place still. We drove by it and it looks a bit bigger, which isn't a good thing to us. But over all didn't look any better or worse. Supposedly they have a waterfall- that could be a big selling point for me- but we couldn't really see anything from the road.

I'm glad we had a positive experience. I'm really excited and want to start making concrete plans and decisions. I felt like this helped me to really focus on what I want this to be like.

No comments: