Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Honey's Sweet

Last Saturday, I visited another wedding place. This one is called Log Haven and is just up the street from the last one. We drove by it after visiting the first one and thought it looked too big and we liked the first one so why bother keep shopping? But, I kept having an incling to go.

I think this is the one!

The room where the ceremony and luncheon would take place is more like an attached tent- you're outside without really being outside. The ceiling is white fabric that drapes and lets in lots of light. At the end of the "room," where we'd stand and actually BE MARRIED! is a big window right on the side of a mountain. There are trees and rocks- it's beautiful! They have poles with candles on top that aren't really candles, they are like battery operated but look like real candles. You can decorate the poles however you want with flowers etc. They even have trees inside!

The price is amazing- compared to the other place- and there are no minimums. We can have our little wedding and not worry that we aren't spending enough. There is a waterfall across the street for pictures and a pond up the road. As we sat outside waiting for it to be time to go in, I had some sort of deja vu but in the future very intense thing. It was a good feeling, but almost too overwhelming. Does that mean something? :)

On Saturday I also went and looked at MY dress. They got in the one I ordered so I got to see and touch what will really be MINE. It's beautiful. When I ordered it, they had two shades of white. A bright white and a softer, barely off white. I chose the second one. They called me a couple days later to say they'd made a mistake and it sounded like it was just the names that were different for the shades of white. I said that's fine and still went for the off white. I stopped in a couple days later and they showed me one that I was worried would look too yellow. I've always like the "ivory" color, the yellow tint is flattering to me, but I want a white dress. I was a bit concerned about it. But it was perfect! Such a soft, flowy white color. I think of it as the difference between a shiny satiny white and a matte, sheer white. I almost cried when I saw it.

I'm hesitant to say anything just yet, but also in the works are a possible honey moon to Hawaii. I've always wanted to go to Hawaii for my honeymoon. Then I fell in love with someone who doesn't like sun or warm. We've been talking about an Alaskan cruise, not knowing if maybe it would be too early in the year for that. We talked to someone who said the end of March is the wettest, snowiest time of year in Alaska and it was actually Jeff's idea to go to Hawaii. Nothing's finalized, but it's more than just talk at this point.

Four months from this coming Saturday is THE day! Can you believe it!?!?!?!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

How exciting! It sounds perfect! I can't wait to hear more details about the plans and the honeymoon!