Friday, June 05, 2009

Perfect

The other day, Rayne sat in her bouncy seat on the kitchen counter while I ate some Cheerios. I was quite over come by her perfection. Of course, I think she has perfect features, but it wasn't just how she looked. She sat there looking around, just being a baby, but she was so perfect just being. She was completely everything she is.

There is a scripture in the D&C about the earth becoming celestial because it fills the measure of it's creation. I love that. Perfection is filling the measure of our creation- reaching our potential- being what we are and were made to be.

Being pregnant was the hardest thing I've ever done. Thankfully, labor wasn't as bad as I expected, but it still was something you can't imagine. My body has seriously been through... a very bad place :) I feel so good now not being pregnant. But I think part of that feeling good is feeling strong that I did it ... and lived. My body fulfilled its purpose.

Yesterday I went to mom's house and she, Khrystine and I spent a lot of the day looking at family pictures. I love pictures and scrapbooks and blogs etc. I felt a lot of love for everyone. Funny, but I also felt love for myself. As I see myself in relation to these other people and how we are all connected, it makes me feel good about even my little quirks. I even saw pictures of myself and... well, I'm pretty. I really get too hard on myself. Too stressed out about life. I need to just perfectly be me.

1 comment:

mudderbear said...

I loved having you here. I was watching you and Khrys and thought how wonderful it is to have two daughters, a lot the same, but so wonderful in many seperate ways.