Sunday, June 07, 2009

happy days

I first want to say again how amazing it is to me how God answers our prayers. There is something I've been praying about for a while now and there have been times when I pray that exactly what I ask for happens that very day. Other times, I pray and pray about the issue and it hasn't been until I finally let go or listen and say maybe I need to ask this instead of that, and then this happens and makes things all okay. Recently again, things have happened to fix the situation and I know God is taking care of me. For that I am so grateful.

...

We spent yesterday and last night at Jeff's mom's house in Lake Point. We visited her in the morning and are house sitting. They have a big open multi level house on a lot of land. On one side of the house is a small cemetary which I guess some people would find creepy but I find it quite calming and it adds to the openness of the whole area. It is a quiet neighborhood with lots of open space, a good view of mountains, and yesterday I even had to go around people riding horses down the street. We can see the Salt Lake from the deck in back.
What I'm saying is, i love it here! i would love to buy my little log house on the manufactured lot and put it on some land out here and learn to plant a garden. it's so quiet and peaceful and really not that far from Salt Lake. Sigh... someday...
i have relaxed so much. there are two bathrooms here! and only the three of us. it's quiet and i'm not tripping over dogs (although i must admit we both miss our dog already). it's been so nice just being the three of us and being able to get in and find food and make dinner and eat it when we're ready. i even took a long shower with fabulous water pressure. i woke up today dreaming of scrapbook pages and really wanting to take a walk- what a difference!!!

1 comment:

mudderbear said...

It sounds wonderful. If I were your age and starting over again I would break my neck to get a place in the country like that. Work to get what you really want. YOu might as well do that as work to get what you don't want.
P S And go there often.