Thursday, May 15, 2008

6 Little Ducks, All in a Row

Last year, we had a duck couple in our yard. I call it our yard because it's right upstairs from our apartment door. The lady across the hall from us hung a bird feeder in the tree by her window so I think the duck's come to get what falls on the ground (I think she puts some there on purpose). This year, the couple returned (I only assume it's the same couple because it's fun) and they brought a friend. We had three little ducks to hang around- two boys and a girl. Lately, there have been more ducks. The other day, there were even two geese in the parking lot when I left. I was no less than five feet from them and the one still hissed at me when I walked by-scary!

When Jeff got home from work this morning, he had me come outside to see the ducks. There were six boy ducks playing in the sprinklers. They got right under them and got quite wet. Then they'd shake their little tails as if they were drying off or spreading the water around. I went in the house and got some bread and we threw pieces to them to get them to come closer. They liked that. It was quite delightful.

Maybe the most delightful of all is Jeffrey. He has such a soft side for cute things. He gets so excited and sweet toward them. He really does want to hug a chicken! I'm hoping this will show when we have babies. Right now he says all babies look like aliens and they kinda freak him out. Haha. Maybe he means that in a good way.

1 comment:

mudderbear said...

This is delightful....