Friday, October 13, 2006

Life is Good

Surprisingly, I keep finding brief moments of lull at work. Perhaps once in a while, I can drop a line of my own...

I have recently started a new job. So far, so good. I think my title is Circulation Production Clerk. Not very glamorous eh? But when have I ever been the glam type? I work for the Newspaper Agency. They have a program that donates newspapers to schools. It's good for the paper's numbers (advertising, etc) and a good educational resource for the teachers. My job mostly keeps track of those orders and dleiveries. Each week I print out thousands of pages of reports telling a bunch of different people where all the papers are going the next week. Exciting stuff. One of my other tasks is to put in some information about the papers and wrap up that days papers for mailing. Where these papers go and what the purpose is, I do not yet know. But one number I have to look at is the percentage of the paper- by volume?- actual number of pages, I think- is advertising. It's crazy. The number is usually around 50% and on the weekends is more around 75. As I said, good educational resource. A few days a week I also have to sort through a thousand pages finding certain numbers for what they call press reports. Again, I'm not sure where these reports go or what they are for, but it seems like a big waste of tree to print out the pages I get the info from. But, what do I know? My job is a lot of entering numbers into different data bases and spreadsheets (P.S. this is NOT math, just numbers), but being the nerd that I am, I like it. I like forms and spreadsheets and numbers and having my list of tasks to do everyday and filing things away and organizing it all.

Onto more interesting topics... Jeff and I saw a movie last weekend called "Fearless" starring Jet Li. It was really cool. I suppose I expected an action movie of fighting, even though Jeff's shown me enough in the past few months, I should know better, and I do like to see the fighting styles as an art. But it was so much better and more than that. The scenery was beautiful. The culture and philosophy were admirable. And Jeff's been waiting all week to go see it again.

I have been having lots of thoughts and ideas about my wedding. It's exciting but how does it ever come to fruition? I feel a bit lost. I keep imagining the PRETTY and hope at some point, I'll know how to make it happen. Maybe I just need to start acting on things?

1 comment:

Benjamin said...

Wow, really cool to see you here! Keep it up! (And yes, just start acting on things...)