Monday, August 09, 2010

2 blog or not 2 blog

When I started high school, I had a diary and a journal. My journal was what I was always taught at church it should be. Like a personal history, I tried to make it for important events and spiritual feelings. But as I started high school, more and more of my life seemed silly and I didn't want a permanent record of the boy I liked and then didn't etc. So, I started a diary and yes, it got more attention than my journal. It seemed the only way I could stay sane was to come home and write down everything that happened that day.
Eventually, my diary and journal merged into the same thing. I got better at writing not about what one friend did or seeing the cute boy, but about how I felt and my insights and experience. I felt like that was okay to have in my permanent record that would probably stand as testimony on judgment day. Plus, I stopped taking the whole journal thing so seriously as if I was leaving an important thing for historians to find and saw it more as something we do for ourselves.
I guess that's how I'm starting to feel about my blogs. I have this one that I fill with my little thoughts and when I just need to talk to myself and think that someone else is listening. Then, I have the one I started when I thought I might be pregnant that is all about my baby and I try to keep as the happy journal of her life. But, my life is starting to merge again and I feel like it's all "just me." (Hm, maybe that's a good name for a new blog? :) I know, it's not just about me because it's about them- my baby, my husband, family and friends- but it's all through me or around me. My universe. Hm...
Plus I think when you have two blogs, people forget about the other one, so it might make it easier for my loyal viewers to only have one. Well, I'll let you know. It might be a good mental/emotional cleansing to merge things. Ah how I love the blogs!

2 comments:

Benjamin said...

I know I rarely take the time to comment on blogs, but I do keep up on them. I read both of yours, and I won't miss a post even if you keep them separate. But that's me. You should do what you want. I originally had a few different blogs, as you may recall. Now that seems pointless to me too. Good luck deciding what to do!

mudderbear said...

I think one nice thing about blogs is that we can share our thoughts with others who, hopefully, love and adore us. They expand our consciousness with each other. (Does that make sense?) I like getting to know you better this way. And everything just progresses or evolves, don't you think/? And that's good.