Friday, April 17, 2009

Update

Last week Jeff started school and a new job! Wow!
He is going to school at Utah Career College to go into IT (computer stuff). He has class three nights a week from 6 until about 10, depending on the night. It's hard having him gone but it turns out the one class is just every other week so that helps. And, that's what we're here for right?
His mom works for the state tax commission and knew about some temp jobs there. His job is seasonal through tax season but it's something. I was afraid he'd be bored out of his mind and hate it. But, so far it's not too bad. He opens envelopes with a machine and sorts papers etc. He gets up at 4 in the morning to be there by 5 and gets done by 1:30. I've changed my work schedule so I'm getting there by 8 so I can be done a bit earlier and be home before he leaves on school nights.

As for me, I'm getting bigger and more hungry. I really don't eat enough :( This week I've actually felt pretty good physically- not so sore and tight in my muscles. I've trained my people enough at work that a big load has been taken off of me and I've had time this week to write up notes and get organized for leaving. I even turned in my paper work for maternity leave. If it's approved (? I don't really know the process) my last day will be May 5th. My mom and I hoped to take off more time before but as I was looking at things, it just worked out better that way. With FMLA I can take up to 12 weeks off. By taking this late date to start, that means I don't have to be back until the end of July. In the mean time, we will just hope and pray and see how it all works out. I plan to stay with my mom after the baby is born so I don't have to live around all these teenage boys when dealing with breast feeding etc and so I don't have to go up and down so many stairs just to go to the bathroom.

It's hard living in someone else's house. I'm trying to be more positive about it. I've decided in that way, I'm more supportive of Jeff and I feel better too. We spend a lot of time in our room and I go to my mom's once a week. One of these days, I'm going to get our room set up and feel like we are actually living here instead of living around what's here! Haha. It's a bit crowded but we're doing okay.

2 comments:

Emily A. said...

Thanks for updating. I've been wondering how you are doing. The last month is so exciting because it gets more and more real...yes, that baby is going to come out! Whahoo!

Staying with your mom for the breast feeding is a very good idea. There were days when I didn't want to get fully dressed, so its good not to be around teenagers. Smart thinking!

I am getting so excited for you!!!

mudderbear said...

You sound better. I hope you feel as good. It does me a world of good to see you, so don't ever hesitate to call. And don't starve to death.!!!