Monday, April 11, 2005

My not so personal personal life

Well, as most of you now know, because people like to talk around here and not because I told you, Mom has a friend that she thinks I should meet. We have emailed twice. That's not the point. The point is, that I am hearing that some of the men in my life, Dad, Stephen, and even Benny, are being quite... protective? defensive? I suppose that should be a compliment. And I suppose that it's good to have people watching out for me. But really...

I tend to make other people's opinions matter more than my own. So please, give me a chance to formulate mine before I have to think yours. And, how am I ever going to meet someone if everytime there is even a remote possibility, everyone gets all bristled? Trust my judgement a bit, but thanks for looking out for me. And really, slow down, calm down, it's only the beginning of who knows what!

P.S. This is why I don't usually talk about things and y'all think I have no life! Haha.

4 comments:

Benjamin said...

Are there rumors going around or something? I don't feel like I've ever said anything bad. Ok, I said he looks "shady" based on his picture, but that doesn't mean anything! I do trust your judgement! Sheesh!

JoAnna said...

Glad you cleared that up... yeah, shady isn't anything bad... I was just being ornery yesterday... more directed and Dad and Stephen from what I hear... no one talks to me though!

The Damsel said...

As annoying as it can be (I am not allowed to date til the millenium acording to Stephen) it's good to know my brothers will back me up. Small suggestion to all protective brothers out there? Wait til we ask you to beat the boys up.

glockster17 said...

okay, so this was posted 7 months ago but I just read it.
What did I say???? All I remember is Mom asked my opinion on introducing you, I answered. I had to ask a few questions to get a feel for the situation. jeewhiz!!!!
Anyway, I think your judgement is fine, I just try to see things from a more negative veiw point so you don't have to. I'm not trying to sway your opinion or feelings, I'm just trying to cover the negative end, thinking this leaves you free to enjoy the possitive side.
I never made any threats to anybody, only a small warning or two. More of an "If you, I'll" type of thing. I leave the control in their hands. I only want people to realize that when they're interacting with you they may well be interacting with me. I've seen it before, some real tuff guy wants to tell the woman and her kid how it's gonna be, yeah, chicken sh*t S.O.B, they don't have much to say when I get there. They should have thought of that first. Their fault not mine.
Besides you should enjoy it while you can. Stevie's getting to old for much of that. That's why my boy is a black belt. He's gonna take care of that once I'm to old. Which I probably am already.
People show love in diffrent ways. Know all that means is that you are important enough noone wants you to be hurt or sad.

Really, for true, I would always support your decisions. I just want people to think a little longer about what they say or do when it's you or the younger, or my wife, daughter or mom. MY dad, brother or boy too.
I never meant any harm.
I just love you.